I am very new to SQL and in an attempt to learn it I am planning to use the tutorial on MS pages.
They recommend I install Adventureworks. So how do I do this? Instrcutions are non-existent or are very sketchy.
Here is where I am:
- I have SQL express installed on my computer. I have it up an running.
- I havve the "MS SQL Server Management Studio running.
- I downloaded the AdventureWorks zipped files. I discovered a bunch of csv files and one file named "instawdb.sql".
- I opened this file with the Management Studio.
- Pressed "Excute" and got the following message:
__> Microsoft SQL Server 2014 - 12.0.2000.8 (X64)
Feb 20 2014 20:04:26
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation
Express Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.1 <X64> (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)
Started - 2014-08-29 15:05:33.777
*** Dropping Database
*** Creating Database
Msg 5133, Level 16, State 1, Line 93
Directory lookup for the file "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL12.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA\AdventureWorks2014_Data.mdf" failed with the operating system error 3(The system cannot find the path specified.).
Msg 1802, Level 16, State 1, Line 93
CREATE DATABASE failed. Some file names listed could not be created. Check related errors.
** An error was encountered during execution of batch. Exiting.__
What is going on?