This project is read-only.

AdventureWorks 2008R2 Reporting Services Samples


I have been trying to work through the sample reports for the AdventureWorks 2008R2 Reporting Service.
All of the examples require the AdventureWorks2008R2 database.
The download for AdventureWorks2008R2_SR1 has AdventureWorksLT2008R2, which does not have all of the required tables, and some data warehousing options.
Where is the database required for these reports? All the links in the prerequisites etc. lead to the AdventureWorks2008R2_SR1 download.


rwf wrote Mar 18, 2011 at 1:40 AM

I too have hit a dead end here. What is the next step here? I have successfully deployed the Analysis Services database but I can it is not visible in Analysis Server. Also, how do you publish this through SSRS?

RickAtKnowWare wrote Apr 12, 2011 at 5:48 AM

I am also stuck at this same point.

It appears that the AdventureWorks2008R2 database, which works with the SQL Reporting Services Sample Code is no longer available. I have , und links that supposedly point to a download location for it, but the download site has now been updated to provide the newer versions of the databases (AdventureWorks2008R1_SR1.exe). This file installs some flavors of the AdventureWorks2008R1 database, but the database names are different (e.g. AdventureWorksDW2008R2 and AdventureWorksLT2005R2) and the schemas are not similar enough to the original AdventureWorks2008R1 database to be usable by the SSRS Sample programs (I even tried changing the config file to point to each one in turn, but no luck).

It's a shame because I believe all we need is a copy of that original database, but there is no longer an official version of it available. I'm sure CodePlex still has a copy of it somewhere. Others probably have copies too, but even if so, they might not feel comfortable posting it for others for legal reasons.

I realize that I'm probably not saying anything new or helpful to the previous posters on this thread, but I wanted to try to make a clean statement of exactly what the problem is (or seems to be) in the hopes that somebody from CodePlex or Microsoft will notice it and be able to help us out.

I could really use a working copy of the sample code for SSRS2008 with matching AdventureWorks databases!


RickAtKnowWare wrote Apr 12, 2011 at 5:52 AM

Sorry. In my post, "I have und links that supposedly" should read "I have found links that supposedly". Rick

wrote Feb 22, 2013 at 3:06 AM