The database installer for SQL Server 2008R2 (November CTP) does not automatically deploy the Analysis Services database. To deploy the analysis services database perform the following steps:
- Ensure that the SQL Server Analysis Services service account for the instance you will be deploying to has access to the instance where the AdventureWorksDW2008R2 sample database is stored, and also has access to that databases, and the account is at least
a member of the db_datareader role for the AdventureWorksDW2008R2 sample database.
- Start Business Intelligence Development Studio by clicking Start /
All Programs / Microsoft SQL Server / SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- Click File / Open / Project/Solution
- Navigate to the appropriate folder containing the Analysis Services database solution. If the sample databases were installed to the default location:
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Samples\AdventureWorks 2008R2 Analysis Services Project\standard\Adventure Works.sln
will contain the solution for SQL Server Standard.
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Samples\AdventureWorks 2008R2 Analysis Services Project\enterprise\Adventure Works.sln
will contain the solution for SQL Server Enterprise and SQL Server Developer.
- Analysis Services databases are not supported on other editions of SQL Server.
- In the solution explorer click right on the solution (Solution 'Adventure Works') and click