AdventureWorksDW 2008 Details
The following changes have been made in the design of AdventureWorksDW2008:
- The DimTime table has been renamed DimDate since the table actually contains dates rather than times.
- The key has been changed to DateKey and it is now an integer in the form YYYYMMDD rather than a surrogate key.
- The new date datatype is used in the DimDate table.
- Some columns such as CalendarYear in the DimDate table have been change to int from char(4) since the data in those columns is numeric.
- Some columns such as CalendarYear have changed to NOT NULL from NULL in order to improve query performance.
For specific information about these changes a relational schema diagram, a Transact-SQL script and the CSV data files necessary to build the database are included in the AdventureWorks2008Scripts.msi installer located in The Sample Databases at CodePlex project.
AdventureWorksDW 2008 Installation
Please see Installing Databases
for information about how to install the AdventureWorksDW2008 database.