The following changes have been made in the design of AdventureWorksDW2008:
- The DimTime table has been renamed DimDate since the table actually contains dates rather than times.
- The key has been changed to DateKey and it is now an integer in the form YYYYMMDD rather than a surrogate key.
- The new date datatype is used in the DimDate table.
- Some columns such as CalendarYear in the DimDate table have been change to int from char(4) since the data in those columns is numeric.
- Some columns such as CalendarYear have changed to NOT NULL from NULL in order to improve query performance.
For specific information about these changes a relational schema diagram, a Transact-SQL script and the CSV data files necessary to build the database are included in the AdventureWorks2008Scripts.msi installer located in The Sample Databases at CodePlex project.