October 3, 2012
The AdventureWorks OData sample now shows how to implement Named Resource Streams to stream AdventureWorks product images.September 19, 2012
- Changed the ProductCatalog key to ProductID.
- Removed the Documents resource since we will use ProductCatalog ThumbNailPhoto and LargePhoto to show multiple streams using Named Resource Streams.
The AdventureWorks OData service exposes resources based on specific SQL views. The SQL views are a limited subset of the AdventureWorks database that results in several consuming scenarios:
How to install the sample
You can consume the AdventureWorks OData feed from http://services.odata.org/AdventureWorksV3/AdventureWorks.svc.
You can also consume the AdventureWorks OData feed by running the sample service from a local ASP.NET Development Server.
To run the service on a local ASP.NET Development Server
- Install WCF Data Services 5.0 for OData V3 (WcfDataServices.exe ) located at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29306.
- Download the sample.
- Attach the AdventureWorks2012 database. The AdventureWorks2012 database can be downloaded from http://msftdbprodsamples.codeplex.com/releases/view/93587
- From Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, run \AdventureWorks.OData.Service\SQL Scripts\Views.sql to create the OData feed SQL views.
- Open \AdventureWorks.OData.Service\AdventureWorks.OData.Service.sln in Visual Studio 2012.
- In Solution Explorer, select AdventureWorks.svc.
- Press F5 to run the service on http://localhost:1234/AdventureWorks.svc/.