So the familiar AdventureWorks community sample database scripts will not work if executed against SQL Azure without modification. Thus, in keeping with the AdventureWorks tradition, the new addition of the AdventureWorks2012 Full database to CodePlex contains the full version of the AdventureWorks2012 database along with an AdventureWorks samples database that is scaled-out using SQL Azure Federations.
- Objects Included in Script Generation
- Stored Procedures
- User-Defined Fuctions
- User-Defined Data Types
- Objects Excluded in Script Generation
- DDL Triggers
- Full Text Catalog
- XML Schema Collections
The following options, statements, and T-SQL references were removed from the script to enable it to run successfully in SQL Azure:
- Removed all ON PRIMARY options
- Removed all PAD_INDEX options
- Removed all ALLOWROWLOCKS options
- Removed all ALLOWPAGELOCKS options
- Removed all SORTINTEMPDB options
- Removed all CREATE PRIMARY XML INDEX statements
- Removed all references to XML schema collections on XML data type columns
- Removed all TEXTIMAGE_ON options
- Removed all ROWGUIDCOL identifier on UniqueIdentifier column data types
- Removed all NOT FOR REPLICATION option from tables and stored procedures
- On the Production.ProductProductPhoto table, changed: PRIMARY KEY NONCLUSTERED to PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED (every table needs a clustered index).
- Excluded the stored procedure uspSearchCandidateResumes as it references the unsupported functions FREETEXTTABLE and CONTAINSTABLE.
- Excluded the view vAdditionalContactInfo. The XQuery method value() was generating an compile error. This is under investigation.